Adam is a Managing Director in the Financial Services Audit Practice in Bermuda. He has over 12 years’ experience in the reinsurance and insurance industry providing audit and advisory services to SEC registrants and other listed and non-listed clients. He is also the Head of KPMG’s Insurance Linked Securities Team which specializes in providing audit, tax and advisory services to various ILS structures including Catastrophe Bonds, ILS Funds and Collateralized Reinsurers. Prior to Bermuda, Adam spent 2 years with KPMG in Canada.
Adam has worked with a broad range of global and regional insurance and reinsurance clients, operating in the non-life and ILS sectors and his previous experience includes:
- Coordinated the group audits of LSE listed, SEC Registered and large non-public companies operating in various jurisdictions including the US, UK (including Lloyds), Ireland, Switzerland and Singapore
- Audits and reviews of financial statements prepared in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS and Bermuda accounting principles for ILS Funds and insurance companies including captive and commercial insurers
- Extensive experience with financial reporting and accounting issues related to complex insurance arrangements, fair value measurement of ILS instruments, business combinations and consolidation of ILS structures.
- Specialized in providing audit and advisory services to various ILS and transformer structures including ILS funds, sidecars, special purpose insurers and segregated account companies
- Significant experience with SEC reporting, US GAAP, IFRS and Bermuda Statutory Filings
- Worked with the Licensing and Authorizations Department of the BMA reviewing regulatory filings on their behalf.