Sarah has over 12 years of experience assisting clients in the financial services industry with U.S. federal, state & international tax issues, including both (re)insurance and alternative investment clients.
Professional and industry experience
- Sarah’s clients cover a broad spectrum of the financial services industry including insurance and reinsurance companies, captive insurance arrangements, hedge funds, private equity funds, and other alternative investment vehicles.
- Sarah is primarily focused on U.S. taxation of foreign and domestic corporations and has extensive experience in the taxation of property/casualty insurance companies.
- Preparation and review of numerous U.S. federal and state income tax returns for U.S. and foreign insurance companies, investment funds, and other collective investment structures
- Assisting entities with corporate structure analysis for tax efficiency.
- Preparation of tax provisions, financial statement disclosures and related analysis for large multinationals in accordance with U.S. GAAP, U.S. and Bermuda statutory, and IFRS accounting standards.
- Advising U.S. entities and shareholders with respect to the application of various international tax provisions, including related tax compliance.
- Analysing the impact of significant legislative developments on multinationals
- Assisting a variety of stakeholders in understanding and implementing the Economic Substance Act in Bermuda
Bachelor of Business Administration, Bryant University
Masters of Science in Taxation, Bentley University
Master Professional Financial Planner Graduate Certificate, Bentley University
Certified Public Accountant (Rhode Island)
Member, CPA Bermuda