Sarah has over 12 years of experience assisting clients in the financial services industry with U.S. federal, state & international tax issues, including both (re)insurance and alternative investment clients.
Professional and industry experience
- Sarah’s clients cover a broad spectrum of the financial services industry including insurance and reinsurance companies, captive insurance arrangements, hedge funds, private equity funds, and other alternative investment vehicles.
- Sarah is primarily focused on U.S. taxation of foreign and domestic corporations and has extensive experience in the taxation of property/casualty insurance companies.
- Preparation and review of numerous U.S. federal and state income tax returns for U.S. and foreign insurance companies, investment funds, and other collective investment structures
- Assisting entities with corporate structure analysis for tax efficiency.
- Preparation of tax provisions, financial statement disclosures and related analysis for large multinationals in accordance with U.S. GAAP, U.S. and Bermuda statutory, and IFRS accounting standards.
- Advising U.S. entities and shareholders with respect to the application of various international tax provisions, including related tax compliance.
- Analysing the impact of significant legislative developments on multinationals
- Assisting a variety of stakeholders in understanding and implementing the Economic Substance Act in Bermuda