Anam joined the Management Consulting practice of KPMG in Bermuda as a senior manager in 2018. She is a qualified actuary and has nine years’ of experience in the insurance sector.
Most recently, Anam worked in the London office of the Boston Consulting Group specialising in post-merger integration and general insurance growth strategy. Prior to that she worked in PwC’s actuarial practice specialising in risk and capital, implications of Solvency II and insurance M&A.
- Designed GI specialty strategy for a Top 5 London Market insurer. Developed strategic initiatives to increase revenues by 20%, based on external market analyses and internal capabilities assessments.
- Led the P&C Retail strategy design for a GI insurer. Reduced cost ratio by 4pp by outsourcing policy and claims administration.
- Managed the central transformation office of a large life insurance and asset management group as part of post-merger integration. Worked with function heads (CRO, CFO, COO) to develop a new target operating model.
- Set up cost savings programme for a UK insurer as part of 5-year IPO preparation plan. Developed cost savings initiatives to reduce running costs by 30%. Established financial tracking system to track savings.
- Performed market and competitive analyses for a life insurer looking to enter the GI market via acquisition.
- Developed the post-merger “Day 1” risk and controls framework to gain regulatory approval for a European merger.
- Performed internal model reviews and drafted key sections of the regulatory application for 4 out of UK’s 19 IMAP applications in wave 1.
- Re-designed and automated the year-end reporting processes of the finance function of a large P&C insurer operating in London and Bermuda.