James has worked in the insurance and reinsurance industry for nine years. He has worked across international jurisdictions and with a wide range of insurance company business models. He has extensive experience of reserving and capital modelling issues. James has experience of communicating with a range of senior business stakeholders as both a consultant and working as an in house actuarial resource.
As the actuarial service line leader he is responsible for the day to day running of the KPMG actuarial team.
Professional and Industry Experience
- Advisory and Audit and services for firms operating in the Reinsurance, insurance and alternative capital markets.
- Performed analysis on commercial, economic and capital aspects of various transactions and run-off solutions. Including ADCs, LPTs and commutations.
- Assisted with several buy/sell-side due diligence projects, including deep dive into the true economic value of target reserve portfolios.
- In depth knowledge of short and long tailed reinsurance structuring.
- Risk transfer testing on complex reinsurance deals.
- Experienced at presenting at board level.
- BMA and European SII regulatory knowledge including economic balance sheet.