Colin has over nine years of auditing experience, the past six of which have been with KPMG in Bermuda.
Colin has held a diverse managerial portfolio of audit clients encompassing hedge and private equity funds, ILS funds and sidecars, as well as a large reinsurance company.
During 2019 Colin was seconded to a global asset manager in a Controller role for 4 months, assisting in the creation and implementation of financial reporting processes and controls in their new Bermuda office, overseeing a newly launched ILS fund and a reinsurance vehicle.
This mixed portfolio has given Colin experience in:
- Valuation of investments, including:
- private and public equities;
- private and public debt securities;
- preference shares;
- derivatives (including futures, forwards, options, total return swaps and foreign exchange contracts, warrants); and
- Financial reporting under both US GAAP and IFRS;
- London Stock Exchange Specialist Fund Segment reporting;
- Custody Rule audits of Funds with SEC Registered Investment Advisors;
- BMA statutory reporting for reinsurance segregated account companies; and
- Coordination off engagements with external parties such as investment managers, fund administrators and insurance managers in Bermuda, New York, London, Zurich and Hong Kong.