KPMG in Bahrain invites you to attend the first ‘virtual’ Tax Summit in the Kingdom of Bahrain covering the most recent and pertinent developments that impact businesses in the marketplace.
The summit has been designed to provide dedicated sector-focused industry updates, along with key insights from Jamal Fakhro, Managing Partner, KPMG in Bahrain, the National Bureau for Revenue (NBR), and the KPMG Tax leadership - Philippe Norré and Mubeen Khadir.
Given the acceleration towards digitalization and digital transformation within the marketplace, the summit will have a special focus on Tax Technology including a live demonstration of a technology solution for VAT compliance & reporting combined with insights from best practice industry approaches towards NBR audits and the future of taxation in Bahrain.
Who should attend?
Heads of Finance, Finance and Tax managers, Heads of Internal Audit, CIOs, COOs of businesses across all sectors in Bahrain. The summit is also a unique learning opportunity for aspiring tax and finance professionals in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Day 1: 12 October 2020: Tax reimagined: Bahrain tax update
- 9:30am to 11:00am: Insights from KPMG and NBR, Q&A and key NBR updates Click here to register
Insights from Jamal Fakhro, Managing Partner, KPMG in Bahrain and the NBR. In addition, the market leading KPMG Tax team will highlight key NBR updates that may impact businesses in the marketplace, with a focus on practical challenges and solutions since the introduction of VAT in Bahrain.
Q&A session with the KPMG Tax leadership - Philippe Norré and Mubeen Khadir.
Day 2: 13 October 2020: Tax reimagined: Industry updates
(participants can attend more than 1 session)
- 9:30am to 10:15am: Financial services Click here to register
VAT for financial services sector can be complex and challenging. The KPMG Financial Services VAT specialists along with a panel of industry experts will run a focused session on recent developments and ongoing challenges that may impact the Financial Services sector.
- 10:30am to 11.15am: Real estate and construction Click here to register
Should the transaction be zero-rated, standard-rated or exempt? Place of supply, time of supply, type of supply are key pressure points within the sector and are resulting in costly compliance and risk-exposures. The KPMG Real Estate tax specialists along with a panel of industry experts will help participants navigate through some of the complexities and provide practical solutions to some of the challenges faced by the sector which reinforces the economy of Bahrain.
- 11.30 am to 12.15pm: Retail and wholesale Click here to register
COVID-19 has further impacted profit margins of businesses focused on nurturing their market share and client loyalty. Retailers and wholesalers need to ensure their compliance with reporting obligations and apply the appropriate VAT treatment across a spectrum of products and services. Timely and accurate VAT reporting and application of the appropriate VAT treatment offer opportunities for businesses to optimize their cash flow position and avoid a negative return on investment due to regulatory penalties and unforeseen VAT costs. The KPMG FMCG tax specialists along with a panel of industry experts will aim to provide a practical session tailored to issues and challenges faced by the retail and wholesale sector.
Day 3: 14 October 2020
- 9:30am to 11:00am: Tax Reimagined: Best practices from tax authority audits and reviews; what really matters in terms of tax technology and the future of tax in Bahrain Click here to register
Join the KPMG Bahrain Tax leadership team and the KPMG global Head of Indirect Tax, Lachlan Wolfers, for the second plenary session of the summit.
- Best practice approach to NBR audits and reviews – a discussion with our tax specialists and expert panel from leading institutions in Bahrain.
- Tax technology as a key enabler to optimize tax compliance and reporting processes: a tech-based solution that works to support the company’s finance and tax teams can help in optimizing internal business processes and help deliver on the organization’s regulatory obligations. The KPMG Bahrain Tax team have combined their practical working knowledge and subject matter expertise to develop a market leading tech-based VAT compliance and reporting solution. This session will include the factors businesses and finance/tax leaders need to consider when implementing a technology solution for tax compliance and reporting.
- Future of taxation in Bahrain.
Please register by clicking on the above link(s). If you wish to attend multiple sessions please ensure you click on each link to register for the relevant session. For more information and assistance, please feel free to contact Khalid Seyadi directly on email@example.com