KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We have over 227,000 outstanding professionals working together to deliver value in over 146 countries worldwide. As one of the world’s leading professional services organisations our people play a vital role in helping organizations create value and grow with confidence. Our clients include some of the largest multinationals, best-known brands and public bodies.
KPMG's Advisory practice is one of the largest Advisory businesses worldwide and is a major growth area for our organization. Our Advisory teams work with leading organizations to create and protect the sustainable value of their business, while ensuring that their business is fit for tomorrow — a future that is sustainable and secure. Our Advisory team broadly provides services including by not limited to – Deal Advisory, Management Consulting, Strategy, and Risk Consulting.
KPMG firms’ professionals provide the experience to help companies stay on track and deal with risks that could unhinge their business survival. Our services are focused on supporting the Board and Leadership teams to help optimize the day to day operations of their business across the organization (i.e. the Finance, IT, Administration, HR, Sales, Marketing, etc.). Our teams also work with clients in identifying and tackling their risks and challenges in relation to their overall growth, governance and performance. We help our clients to become more effective and support them as they adapt to the challenges posed by a rapidly evolving business environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Accountabilities
Ability to undertake the following types of engagement:
- Risk-based Internal Audits;
- Enterprise Risk Management;
- Corporate Governance advisory;
- Cost optimization/ improvement reviews; and
- Contract compliance reviews.
- Handle multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Effectively manage multiple delivery teams
- Effective written and oral communications
- Business development - client targeting and sales pitch
- Proposal development
- Develop and roll out in-house training program for the teams.
- A recognized degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business or related disciplines
- A professional qualification e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, CPA and / or Masters is a must
- CIA and / or CISA qualifications an advantage
- 10 -12 years’ work experience gained in a large audit and/ or consulting firm, or a leading commercial organization of which a majority should be in internal audit with demonstrated business development experience (GCC experience is an advantage).
Industry sector experience requirements
- Financial Services sector experience is a must
- Other sectorial exposure - insurance, retail, logistics real estate, oil and gas and construction (Islamic banking knowledge an added advantage)
- International experience an advantage
- Delivery of training programs (external)
- Delivery of speaking engagements (seminars / conferences) is an added advantage
- Ambitious, mature and business-minded with strong leadership and high ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, analytical ability and presentation skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and prioritize tasks with management level accountability
- Ability to write reports independently with the highest standard of English.
- Good spoken English
- Bilingual skills i.e. English-Arabic will be an advantage