- Owns deliverables/areas of an Engagement/Project with minimal input – delivering quality outputs, and helping review the work of junior members of the Engagement/Project team.
- Contributes to the planning and delivery of engagements including work plans, timelines, project management and resource allocation.
- Manages small client engagements.
- Builds and maintain strong relationships with middle to senior level staff internally and externally.
- Supports SoQM implementation and annual assessment of Firms IT controls under the System of Quality Management.
- Supports in reviews for 2LoD projects specifically relating to the topic of IRM.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Ability to obtain and present appropriate audit evidence, address the relevant audit objectives, and demonstrates its relevance to the rest of the audit
- Documenting the results of their audit work in accordance with KPMG Audit Methodology, using applicable IT systems and tools
- Identifying audit differences and issues, escalating as appropriate and close them.
- Demonstrating knowledge of IT Systems, Scope of IRM Work and applying these to allocated work
- Attending and applying all audit training within the set deadlines
- Handling communication with the clients’ personnel
- Starts to demonstrate a desire to become involved in selling activities and to acquire selling skills and starts taking part in bids and presentations
- Starting to seek to provide innovative answers to client queries being alert to both commercial concerns and technical accuracy
- Developing junior members of field team through clear and direct through on the job coaching & feedback e.g. on KAM, and counseling & career guidance
- Is involved with formal training and development of others (assigned counselees to complete CPFs and PEFs)
- Evaluates performance of juniors and takes appropriate action
- Maintaining good relationships with others
- Looking for ways to work productively with others
- Showing consideration for others and acknowledging their view
- Producing organized and systematic plans to manage the service delivery
- Planning tasks effectively, for self and team, by assisting in the development of realistic client service plans, breaking them down into manageable tasks, setting milestones, identifying resources
- Monitoring progress of projects against budget and deadlines
- Graduate degree in Accounting / Finance / IT field
- Fully-qualified (with at least 3 years of Post Qualification Experience) in any of the following international professional qualifications – CA, CISA, CPA, CIA
- Standard certifications such as ITIL, CoBiT, ISO 27001
- At least 5 years in IT audit and IT advisory, preferably with a Big 4 Audit firm
- Extensive knowledge of best practice IT audit and IT advisory products
- Knowledge of banking applications such as – T24, Flexcube, Equation - and ERP solutions like Oracle, SAP
- Knowledge on CoBiT, ITIL & ISO 27001 standards
- Some experience outside the normal IT field, such as accounting support and other advisory support engagements
To apply- click here to share your resume