KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries and territories and have more than 227,000 people working in member firms around the world. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee. KPMG International Limited and its related entities do not provide services to clients.
A career in Audit Quality at KPMG will give you insights into the inner workings of an audit firm and a broad business perspective that can open up countless opportunities for professional and personal growth. Our Audit Quality process does more than assess financial statement audits. It’s designed to focus on the key areas of professional risk and practice management so that our professionals can focus on managing their core responsibilities.
The Global Audit Quality Transformation (GAQT) has been launched by KPMG globally and demonstrates our commitment to improving audit quality, global consistency and accountability on the significant audit quality initiatives that are underway. The GAQT includes significant initiatives to drive:
- Greater accountability of leadership at the member firm level and globally
- A re-design of the system of quality management to drive greater accountability for quality, risk management and compliance.
- Enhanced global monitoring of audit quality, including monitoring of the system of quality management within the Member Firms, and a more risk-based approach to monitoring programs.
- Providing engagement teams with enhanced resources, support, and the tools to improve audit quality.
We are looking for talented professionals who can bring strong field experience and fresh ideas to help us innovate and execute across key Audit Quality projects. There has never been a better time to strengthen the System of Quality Management and improve Audit Quality that will shape the future of audit!
Primary Job Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- lanning, leading, managing and supervising execution of Audit Quality projects within deadlines, including but not limited to:
- ISQM-1 Implementation (System of Quality Management)
- Performing ‘Root Cause Analysis’ (RCA) for significant Audit Quality issues
- Performing live file reviews under the ‘Second Line of Defense for Audit Quality’ (2LoD) Program
- Develop training materials and deliver trainings related to Audit Quality
- This role requires building and maintaining ongoing, productive relationships with the following teams:
- Global System of Quality Management (SoQM) Team
- Global Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Team
- Global ‘Second Line of Defense for Audit Quality’ (2LoD) Team
- Board Members in KPMG Bahrain
- Establishing relationships with internal stakeholders (Partners/Board Members), anticipating Audit Quality needs, responding to queries, being alert to both quality concerns and technical matters, as necessary
- Reporting to the Audit Quality Leader and Head of Audit on all projects relating to Audit Quality.
- Working with other managers to help ensure proper deployment of the ‘Second Line of Defense for Audit Quality’ (2LoD) Program, by providing timely coaching and high quality review observations for improvement of Audit Quality and the audit process.
- Identifying and highlighting staff with high professional level, solving staff problems, managing their performance, and finding means within their capacity to retain them in the firm.
- Setting objectives (goal setting) with the Audit Quality team, providing support and coaching for more junior staff, and giving them feedback on their performance.
- Holder of a professional qualification– CA, ACCA, ACA, CPA
- Technical and practical knowledge of IFRS and ISA Knowledge of IFRS
- 3-4 years of MANAGERIAL experience with a Big 4 Audit firm.
- Experience in managing audit quality, ISQC-1 compliance,
- Experience performing live file reviews or hot file reviews;
- A highly professional individual, who can exercise prudence with regards disclosure of confidential information relating to KPMG.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Shows enthusiasm towards developing others
- Team player
Global Skills and Behaviors
- Links the activities of the department to own firm’s business strategy
- Questions current practices by thinking about the longer term impact and wider implications
- Emphasizes and builds the value of service offered to the client
Drive and resilience
- Maintains a consistently calm and focused manner, even under pressure
- Shows and instills enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results
- Encourages others to maintain a consistent and steady motivation or pace.
- Gives others the opportunity to take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Establishes and manages a clear set of standards for other to work within
- Encourages others to get the most out of their development opportunities
- Evaluates performance and takes appropriate action
- Manages the expectations of people regarding career development and progression.
- Initiates smarter ways of working by making improvements to processes and looking for efficiency enhancements
- Provides clear rationale and supporting data to justify recommended solutions
- Considers the practicalities and costs involved when proposing a solution to a problem.
- Uses own initiative to find innovative solutions to overcome obstacles