As a socially responsible organization, KPMG aims to minimize any potentially negative impact our business might have on the environment, and we do all we can to allow nature to thrive in urban conditions.
KPMG International is a global signatory to the United Nations Global Compact and committed to:
- Supporting a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Undertaking initiatives to promote greater
- environmental responsibility
- Encouraging the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
In 2008, KPMG International announced the Global Green Initiative (GGI), a commitment to address climate change by focusing on three pillars:
- To measure, reduce and report KPMG’s global emissions across the KPMG network
- To support environmental projects within our wider commitment to our communities, and advance sustainability
- To work with our partners, employees, suppliers and clients to help them reduce their climate change impacts.
Our environmental aims and actions
- Reduce our energy consumption and associated CO2 emissions
- Avoid any unnecessary travel and consider alternatives to travel wherever possible
- Operate in a resource-efficient manner and minimise waste
- Focus on supply chain management to reduce environmental impacts
- Equip sustainable offices
- Use modern videoconferencing and IT systems to reduce paper consumption and business travel.