-As the world prepares for a new reality coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a clear necessity at this moment to rethink how we can rebuild the global economy and societies for a more resilient and sustainable future. Now more than ever we should be aware of our impact on the planet and our vulnerability to threats of a global scale.
Resilience, mitigation, preparedness and sustainable growth are at the top of the agenda in board rooms, legislative chambers and the public domain. Governments around the world are turning to infrastructure as a means to boost economic growth. The prioritization of green infrastructure projects through mechanisms like sustainable finance and robust ESG criteria can help to ensure that we emerge from the COVID-19 crisis more resilient to address imminent threats including climate change.
KPMG Belgium is involved in this critical industry transformation, bringing together our respected asset management and sustainability practices to work closely with private and public sector asset owners, operators and investors in several key areas. Together, KPMG professionals are helping clients to plan, build and manage infrastructure programs that are environmentally resilient, socially impactful and deliver sustainable economic growth for current and future generations.
How we can help
KPMG Sustainable Infrastructure & Asset Management professionals can provide the following services for your business:
- Inclusion of climate models (e.g. flooding and drought models) into your decision-making process;
- Expanding geographical analytics and dashboarding with strategic, financial and sustainability dimensions in order to improve strategic decision-making;
- Providing a multi-sided platform for the various stakeholders (e.g. asset owners, regulators, municipalities, etc.) involved in effective policy execution;
- Smart city offerings: Multi-utility models in which the priorities of different utilities (electricity, gas, water, sewage etc.) within a city are modeled taking into account the technical constraints, the financial impact, the impact on traffic and the impact on the environment.
- Demonstrate how your activities and assets impact society not only from a financial perspective but also from an economic, social and environmental perspective via the KPMG True Value methodology.