At KPMG, our philanthropic focus is aligned with our Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) strategy, Our KPMG Impact Plan. Within this plan, we have committed to collectively contributing 3,750 hours of volunteering per year, starting in 2022.
We also look for partners whose values are aligned with our own, with complementary knowledge, skills and resources, and with whom we can work together to amplify our impact and deliver on our commitments.
This includes partnerships with organizations such as:
- BeCode: the first AI school in Belgium, which was launched in Brussels as a joint initiative by BeCode, Microsoft, and five founding partners; Cronos Groep, Delaware, Faktion, KPMG and Xylos. As one of the founding partners, we proudly help tackle a shortage of AI experts in Belgium, recognizing that the skills and knowledge needed in today's world are changing.
- Enactus: the world's largest experiential learning platform. It aims to engage the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders, using innovation and inclusive business models to improve the world. The Enactus network of global business, academic and student leaders are unified by their common vision – to create a better, more sustainable future around the globe.
- Kom Op Tegen Kanker (KOTK): a non-profit organization that works with governments to make changes to legislation that will help reduce the risk of cancer for the population. KOTK also raises public awareness and informs the population about causes of cancer, risks and the advantages and disadvantages of early detection through a number of activities and partnership initiatives throughout the year.
- YouthStart: a non-profit organization focusing on integrating youth and young adults experiencing difficulties in the professional & social world. YouthStart’s mission is to teach these opportunity-seeking young individuals a range of entrepreneurial skills, offering them the possibility to realize their ambitions.
- My Machine: a non-profit organization that connects people across generations. In MyMachine, the cooperation and interaction between the three educational levels is central. Steps 1-2-3 in the MyMachine methodology are not separate steps. On the contrary. The whole process is based on co-creation, collaboration between students of all educational levels who work together as equals to create "dream machines" during one school/academy year.