close
Share with your friends
digital globe

Distance selling Distance selling

The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting our lives as consumers and as businesses. As we adapt to unprecedented circumstances, companies are reaching out and engaging with customers in new ways, through digital channels and innovative approaches.

The threat for sales teams

The shift from ‘on-the-road’ sales to an inside sales approach is an ongoing trend for many organizations. As the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic makes evident, developing such capabilities for many businesses is no longer a choice, but a clear necessity.

Until now, the decreasing efficiency of ‘on-the-road’ salesforces has been driven by slower infrastructure and changing customer expectations: research indicates that customers wish to conduct about 70% of the pre-selling process themselves online, and only get in contact with sales people for the remaining 30%. In some industries, this ratio is now moving towards a 90/10 ratio.

This trend has now become a basic customer need that companies are seeking to answer, resulting in increased importance placed on marketing, e-commerce and distance selling.

Customer Distance Selling 1

How we can support your business

As your business moves towards digitally-enabled inside sales and e-commerce, our experienced sales transformation team can support you each step of the way, including:

  • Assessing the effectiveness and maturity of your sales organization, CRM system, and marketing automation based on 8 key dimensions.
  • Helping you transform your sales model by aligning strategy, technology, people, processes, and data & analytics with your sales organization.
Customer Distance Selling 2
Customer Distance Selling 3

Daniël Pairon
Head of Business Services
 

T: + 32 3 821 19 41
E: dpairon1@kpmg.com

Vincent Piron
EMA Head of Customer
KPMG Advisory

T: +32 497 59 62 11
E: vpiron@kpmg.com

Patrick Maes
Head of Customer
 

T: +32 495 12 41 26
E: pmaes@external.kpmg.be

Connect with us