‘Financial departments must transform. They should continue to ward over costs, but must also learn to deal with uncertainty and be more forward-looking at the same time.’
Xavier Gabriëls, Head Financial Management
When working towards a successful finance transformation, organization should take into account the following key considerations:
- Is there an opportunity to reinvest savings from efficiency initiatives into creating an efficient finance function?
- Can you change the focus of your people from data gathering to analysis of information?
- Do you have the right people and the right operating model for effective service delivery and processing?
- When taking a global view of the finance function, is there duplicated work?
- What do you internal clients expect from the finance function?
We help clients achieve leading finance capabilities by being:
- Value driven: with formalized strategies for defining the target state and expected benefits and a consistent, standardized method for driving value from process improvements to technology enablement.
- Holistic in approach: taking an A to Z process-centric view of a wide ranging target operating model informed by technology strategy and applying an information driven approach.
- Accelerated by robust tools: designed to provide faster time to value, support lower risk and leverage the appropriate technology.
- Business led: with executive sponsorship, project and change management programs and measurements that include benchmarks for continuous improvement.
KPMG’s integrated finance transformation capabilities extend from strategy through execution by encompassing these qualities.