KPMG Bangladesh was the knowledge partner of 'The International Investment Summit 2021' is being organized by the Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA)
: Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA), the apex body to cater to investment from across the world into Bangladesh has organized an International Investment Summit 2021 at Radisson Hotel, Dhaka, on November 28 and 29. The summit was inaugurated by the Chief Guest and Prime Minister of People's Republic of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina, celebrating 50 years of Bangladesh's independence and Mujib Centennial. International investors from all over the world came together to learn about multibillion-dollar investment opportunities in 11 thriving sectors in an economy that is estimated to be USD 500 billion by 2026.KPMG Bangladesh, as the exclusive knowledge partner of BIDA, participated in the International Investment Summit 2021 at Radisson Hotel, Dhaka. We are pleased and honoured with the opportunity presented to us.
Some key takeaways highlight our successful contribution to the summit.
- Our Senior Partner, Mr Adeeb H. Khan Sir, was one of the panelists for the capital market session at the event. Watch the full session here.
- We prepared multiple keynote presentations and sector profiles which were lauded by BIDA and foreign investors alike.
- We also worked with BIDA’s investment promotion team and event committee to showcase KPMG publications on BIDA’s website. Three of our publications have been added to BIDA's event site.
- We met several dignitaries and investors during the event and discussed the Bangladesh investment environment, potential future growth and encouraged them to enter into Bangladesh.
- Through our knowledge desk at the summit, we have distributed physical copies of our publications to the participants and were met with an overwhelming response.
- We also met several high-ranking government officials and various distinguished business professionals at the summit and introduced them to KPMG's lines of service in Bangladesh.
This is a proud moment for every member of the KPMG Bangladesh family since this is a unique opportunity to assist BIDA as an exclusive knowledge partner in a national level event and promote the Bangladesh economy to the investors.