Adeeb is a Fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (admitted: 1991) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB). He has been a partner of this firm since 1998. Currently he is the Senior Partner of the firm.
Adeeb was the President of ICAB for the year 2017. He has been a Council Member of ICAB since 2012.
Adeeb is an audit and tax partner, but does advisory work in Transactions and business set-up. He has over 25 years post qualification experience in the United Kingdom and Bangladesh. He has spent most of these years in senior positions responsible for audit, tax and advisory assignments.
Adeeb has extensive experience in auditing, taxation, advisory, due diligence, etc. in various industry sectors. He regularly advises major international investors on regulatory etc. issues in connection with entry into Bangladesh.
Adeeb’s major current and recent clients include Grameenphone (Telenor subsidiary), Banglalink (Vimpelcom subsidiary), Ericsson, Robi/Axiata, Siemens, Huawei, IBM, Bangladesh Bank (central bank), Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC, Citi, Accenture, Honda, Sembcorp, Pepsi, British American Tobacco, BBC, etc.
Adeeb’s other interests:
· Member, Governing Body, BRAC (voted World’s no. 1 NGO several times). Currently chairing its Finance & Audit Committee.
· Member, Executive Committee, BLAST, one of the largest legal aid organisations in Bangladesh.
· Member, Executive Committee, Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MCCI), the oldest and most prestigious trade chamber of Bangladesh. He is the Chairman of Tariff and Taxation Sub-Committee of MCCI.
· Member, Board of Trustees, Asian University for Women.
· Frequent speaker on national forums in connection with taxation, company law and corporate governance reforms.