The power & utilities industry plays an important role in the economy. The industry is seen to offer attractive investment opportunities in the area of energy infrastructure and nuclear capacity expansion.
However, along with growth and expansion, power & utilities companies in Azerbaijan face an unprecedented array of challenges. These include:
- capital expenditure requirements;
- increased concerns over safety and reliability of aging infrastructure;
- uncertainty about the future market regulation and liberalisation;
- the evolving regulatory and legislative environment;
- today's uncertain economic climate.
Our professionals can help industry players respond to these challenges in an informed and effective manner. We offer a range of services relevant to the needs of the power & utilities industry, including:
- financial statement audit and accounting advice;
- information technology assurance and advisory;
- tax compliance and advisory (corporate, indirect, expatriate);
- capital and operating expenditure monitoring;
- corporate governance support;
- forensic support and dispute advisory services;
- business process improvement;
- Internal audit, risk and control services;
- capital structure efficiency and debt advisory;
- transaction opportunity identification and negotiation support;
- financial due diligence and tax structuring advice;
- integration advice;
- corporate finance and valuations.
KPMG's Power & Utilities practice can help through guidance that is creative, proactive, and takes into account critical business considerations. We can help clients adapt to the latest operational, financial, market-oriented, or business-related developments so they may derive greater value from their businesses.