Job Title: Audit Intern
Service Line: Audit
Local Job Level: Intern
Full Time / Part Time: Part-time
About us: KPMG is a Big Four company, a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services, operating in 146 countries and having more than 227,000 people working in member firms around the world. Our purpose and aspiration is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people, and the world’s capital markets.
In today’s world auditors play a key role in providing the confidence that business and society demands. This supports investment decisions in the capital markets, confidence over the governance of public sector expenditure and the development of the country’s small and medium-sized enterprises. Audit is essential to the effective allocation of capital around the globe – powering growth, job creation, prosperity and innovation.
As every organization is different, we rely on the diversity of our workforce and their individuality to make sure we fully understand our clients’ business from every angle. We understand that our people are integral to delivering high quality audit work. This is becoming increasingly important due to:
- the growing number of stakeholders looking to auditors to guide their decision making process;
- the continuing evolution and importance of technology;
- significant increases in the amount of data available to be analyzed;
- the continuing diversity of businesses, products, customers and processes.
This, coupled with the speed at which people expect information to be available, is what makes audit a challenging and varied career.
- Currently 3rd year student interested in accounting and audit;
- Knowledge of audit theory is an advantage;
- Readiness for intensive work and learning;
- Good analytical and strong people skills;
- Ability to take business trips
- Wish to learn and develop professionally and desire to become a part of a team of professionals;
- Fluent Azerbaijani;
- Confident English (to work with IFRS);
- Russian language is an advantage.
What we offer:
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That is why, our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it is great training and development, the chance to move around the business or volunteering opportunities, you will gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We are proud of our culture – it is one that recognizes hard work, encourages new ways of thinking and embraces diversity and inclusion. We also have an innovative spirit, which inspires what we do and how we do it – striving to be better lies at the heart of who we are. Additionally, we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for career and professional growth
- A wide range of training and development programs
- Working as part of an experienced team on complex audit projects for major Azerbaijani and multinational companies
- Great professional team and friendly environment
- Comfortable high-class office in Baku City
- Health and life insurance
Start date: 01 October 2021 (Earlier start date can be offered if the candidate successfully passes all stages, and is available)