When divesting parts of your organisation, a streamlined and secure approach to moving application and business data to the buying entity is vital. Divesting parts of your business can present complex challenges when it comes to the safe and accurate transfer of application and business data to buyers.
Customer data, employee data, payroll data, financial data and procurement data are just a few examples of the vast information that could be involved. Data is often sensitive and beholden to strict regulatory requirements, meaning awareness of risk and security must be integral. Equally complex is extracting data from multiple legacy technologies and providing transparency to business owners at every step.
Before a divestment, it’s vital to think deeply about the data you have, and how that can be safely extracted and transitioned without putting your business or customers at risk.
KPMG is here to help guide organisations through a smooth data separation and migration strategy and process.
KPMG has a sound methodology to help you manage the safe, accurate and timely transfer of data from one entity to another. We:
- look holistically at the impact of data separation on your whole business – at both the selling and buying ends
- understand business needs on both sides of the transition
- establish exactly what data is needed to support those needs
- apply the right technology tools to enable a smooth and secure migration.
Organisations can have hundreds of legacy systems with data in various states, formats and quality. You need to think about unpicking various parts of your business on applications that are shared across the entire business. That gets very complex.
With this holistic view, we focus on implementing strategy, technology, and a smooth transition.
1. A clear strategy
KPMG can set a pre-separation strategy, then assist with checking everything is running smoothly post-separation. This includes:
- planning data segregation requirements
- governance and controls
- setting access restrictions
- maintaining regulatory requirements
- managing demand for business-as-usual services.
2. The right technology
With our deep understanding of technology and the implications of migration, KPMG can assist with:
- extracting data from multiple legacy technology sources
- profiling and sorting through data that is structured or unstructured
- confirming the technology at the receiving end is viable and compatible.
3. A robust and transparent method
When it is time to enact the migration, we help to:
- ensure only approved data is transferred
- reconcile and control upstream and downstream consequences of removing data from host environment
- maintain security of data during transfer
- optimise limited migration windows
- ensure the right people have visibility of the process at the right times
- ensure minimal impact on the business or customers.
To find out more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered Enterprise Data solutions
Insights into how Powered Data Solutions can help you
What’s in the box?
Powered Enterprise provides you with three integrated elements for transformational success. Using our tried and tested operating model, implementation suite of tools and ongoing evolution services you can choose your desired functional outcomes then make them a reality.