All of us here at KPMG Australia are thinking of those impacted by the bushfires.
We’ve found some tools and templates particularly helpful in informing our next steps in responding to the emergency – you may find them useful too:
We’ve also found the following reference sites useful and have shared them with our own teams.
Bushfire recovery reference sites
- National Bushfire Recovery Agency – www.bushfirerecovery.gov.au
Business recovery links
- Business Council of Australia – bca.com.au/emergency_response
Mental health reference material
- Beyondblue – information and advice on what to expect following bushfires and when to seek help. https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/bushfires-and-mental-health
- Headspace – information and advice on supporting young people and children following a natural disaster. https://headspace.org.au/friends-and-family/how-to-support-your-child-after-a-natural-disaster
- Australian Government – advice and access to counselling. https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/mental-health-support-for-australians-affected-by-the-2019-20-bushfires | Read the Factsheet (PDF 310KB)
We wish you all the best as your organisation leans into the challenge of recouping and recovering.