Australian Trusted Trader Program: 1,000 trusted traders by 2020
Australian Trusted Trader Program
Leonie Ferretter and Claire Sing discuss the Australian Trusted Trader (ATT) Program.
The Australian Trusted Trader (ATT) Program is a voluntary trade facilitation program that offers certain benefits to ‘trusted traders’ provided the business is trade compliant and has sufficient supply chain security controls in place. There has been significant interest in the program, particularly given that trusted traders will be offered duty deferral and streamlined reporting arrangements (slated for introduction later this year). Streamlined reporting is expected to result in significant savings to traders through a reduction in processing costs.
Other key benefits include:
- dedicated Australian Border Force (ABF) account manager
- priority trade services
- streamlined processes to obtain Accredited Status for priority processing of the Temporary Skill Shortage nomination and visa applications
- access to Mutual Recognition Arrangements
- a light touch at the border
- locking down the trader’s ABN to approved service providers
- use of ATT logo
- monthly import and export reports
- a seat at the table with ABF on key policy issues and invitations to ATT only events
- bespoke benefits specific to each trader.
Currently, the ABF has accredited 133 traders and 67 service providers with numerous others awaiting qualification. With the ABF is aiming to accredit 1,000 businesses by June 2020, now is the time for clients to give serious consideration to joining this Program.
Please contact us for a detailed discussion on what ATT can do for your business.
©2021 KPMG, an Australian partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved. The KPMG name and logo are trademarks used under license by the independent member firms of the KPMG global organisation.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organisation please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.