GST Data Analytics
GST Data Analytics
KPMG’s GST Data Analytics allows businesses to gain quantitative insights and visibility over their customer, vendor and product master data, the accuracy of the GST configurations within their business systems and the efficiency of the manual processes pertaining to their indirect tax filings.
How is data analytics disrupting the management of GST?
The Australian Taxation Office’s (ATO’s) are increasingly focusing on the integrity of business systems and robust internal controls to gain confidence over an organisations end-to-end GST process. This puts the onus on organisations to ensure that master data management, business system configurations and internal processes are fit for purpose.
KPMG’s GST Data Analytics is designed to make this simple.
Questions to ask about your GST data:
- Is your focus on getting the BAS filed on time rather than ensuring that each label is supported with accurate source data?
- Are system master data or configuration issues creating a hidden liability?
- Are manual GST coding process errors masking a refund?
- Can you reduce your risk of a data driven ATO audit by demonstrating the integrity of your system?
What insights can GST Data Analytics provide?
- ABN validity: Verify ABN vendor master data against the Australian Business Register.
- Internal controls: Analyse processes around tracking GST group structures including the addition and removal of members and general controls over business processes that impact GST.
- Material master data: Assist in identifying materials and products that have incorrect GST classification.
KPMG Australia acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we operate, live and gather as employees, and recognise their continuing connection to land, water and community. We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
©2022 KPMG, an Australian partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved. The KPMG name and logo are trademarks used under license by the independent member firms of the KPMG global organisation.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organisation please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.