We help you to understand, plan and respond to challenges today, and into the future.
Drawing on our deep and extensive local and global expertise and insights, KPMG can provide advice and guidance in relation to:
+ Investment management
+ Product design and distribution
+ Investor support services
Our clients include superannuation funds, managed funds across all asset classes, the wealth businesses of banks and life insurers, custodians and administrators (both internal and external).
How KPMG can help
If you’re considering any of the following, KPMG can help with:
Mergers & Consolidation
We can help you identify consolidation opportunities, including undertaking due diligence and coordinating the end-to-end consolidation process.
We'll analyse what the change means and how it will impact your organisation. We'll also help you implement an effective, well-tested change program to ensure compliance.
Member Engagement & Insights
We'll assist you in applying member centric principles, including setting up the required customer intelligence tools, allowing you to deliver market leading products and services.
Tech & Data
Focusing on digital strategy, AI, data analytics, IoT, mobile app and web, our technology and data team brings together best practice knowledge and the latest technology stack.
We can help you indentify the root cause, establish remediation activities and implement remediation frameworks that are aligned with your broader risk management practice.
Our team of consultants have the expertise and insights needed to ensure the effectiveness your fund operation, enabling you to achieve your strategic purpose.
Audit, Tax & Advice
Our team brings deep experience in all elements of data and system assurance, tax and business practice advisory across the asset and wealth management sector.
Insurance in Super
Specialising in all facets of insurance in super, our team can assist you with actuarial pricing, product development, tender management, governance and operations.
Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG)
We can help review your business activities against APRA’s CPG 229 guidance and provide guidance on how to take the step towards mitigating climate risks.
With expertise across legal and actuarial, we provide advice on how to develop products and service offerings that will suit members’ retirement strategies.
Superannuation, asset & wealth management insights
The latest thinking and research related to superannuation, assets & wealth management.
Meet the team
Contact the KPMG Superannuation, Asset & Wealth Management team below.
Frequently asked questions
Still unsure how KPMG can you help and your organisation? View our frequently asked questions below.
- Define strategic intent
- Identify potential merger / consolidation opportunities
- Assess financial / strategic benefits of a transaction
- Undertake due diligence
- Plan / manage integration and track benefit realisation
KPMG provides a range of services to help organisations with superannuation regulatory change, these include key areas:
- Scoping the issue, interpreting and understanding the what the change means technically and what changes you may need to make
- Analysis: Understanding the impact of changes to your business strategy (member outcomes business plan), operating model and clients/members
- Preparation and implementation: Readiness for regulatory change, brining you sectoral insights, deep technical and subject matter experts and best practice methodologies and approaches to assist you implement change effectively and ensure future compliance
- Testing and assurance: Services to test and or assure that your compliance programs are operating effectively.
KPMG delivery is through market leading services including: member segmentation and mapping, brand and marketing strategy, product design and development, member lifetime value measurement, member experience and service design, marketing technology, brand reputation and integrated communications, and market research & intelligence.
We align your business objectives with your technology strategy to respond to critical challenges and opportunities the digital economy. We partner with clients to bring end-to-end digital capabilities to life, using insights and data led decisions, to together deliver the desired customer experience.
KPMG offers a range of remediation services to assist the superannuation sector with remediation. Our services include:
- Qualifying and scoping the customers/members, products, arrangements, processes requiring remediation
- Co-creating and testing remediation methodologies including processes, tools and templates to conduct the remediation and support the delivery of remediation programs from assessment through to calculations and customer engagement; acting as the Independent Expert or working with internal audit to provide program assurance, resulting from operational errors or misconduct
KPMG understands that “How” trustees make decisions, the data, insights and evidence analysed and used, are critical to acting in the best financial interests of members. KMPG supports funds with the practical application of the trustee and directors’ obligations through every aspect of the operation of a fund.
KPMG’s specialist Tax team offers the Asset and Wealth management sector offers Australian income tax advisory and compliance services on a range of matters, including Australian and foreign tax compliance / reporting / filing obligations; Superannuation fund mergers; ATO reviews, private ruling applications, real time reporting obligations, objections and voluntary disclosures; Tax Governance and Risk management; New product development advice; Member related tax issues; Unit pricing and crediting rate projects; and; Tax technology and transformation services.
Yes. KPMG’s team of experienced experts can help across all aspects of insurance including actuarial pricing, product development/rationalisation, tender management, governance (incl. IMF reviews) and operations.
Yes, KPMG offers services to support super funds in building compliant advice models and governance arrangements. Services include:
- Regulatory and compliance support (regulator engagement, enforceable undertakings, reviewing and uplifting monitoring & supervision arrangements, adviser standards/guidance, advice controls, etc)
- Functional support (advice file reviews, advice file remediation, pre-vetting, paraplanning, etc)
- Strategy and operational improvement (op model design, advice strategy, operational excellence / LEAN efficiency
KPMG can help bring awareness of relative exposure to climate risk and provide guidance on how to take their first step towards mitigating these risks or further advance current systems. We typically look to engage boards via round table, and progress to stress testing and scenario modelling as well as facilitate a review of your fund against APRA’s CPG 229 guidance.
KPMG can offer an integrated approach across our advisory, legal and actuarial divisions, assisting funds to understand their members, develop their retirement strategy through design of product and service offerings and effectively implement the strategy across their operating model.