Putting safety, quality and customers first – KPMG's specialised, holistic approach to managing food assurance.
KPMG's specialised, holistic approach to managing food assurance.
The Australian food industry has tremendous opportunity, throughout the supply chain, to meet and exceed increasing consumer and regulatory expectations for quality and technical assurance. The necessity for enhanced food assurance is being driven by increased consumer demand, regulatory changes and the increasing complexity and globalisation of food supply chains.
How we can help
We provide a specialised, holistic approach to managing food assurance. Our service is underpinned by our expertise in risk, internal audit, retail, food and agribusiness and supply chains (including digital supply chains) and customer, brand and marketing.
The end goal is for food assurance and business performance to be one and the same – inextricably linked by a strategy, culture and an operating model that drives brand performance by putting safety, quality and customers first.
It’s a total solution that can be tailored for any food company across the supply chain, anywhere. In this context, our services include:
- monitoring and mitigating risks across brand reputation, regulatory and operational risks, emerging risk, consumer incident support and issues simulation
- structuring crisis management strategies against brand, financial and reputational damage
- improving the technological and data processing capabilities to establish robust assurance processes
- understanding key drivers of customer experience, brand and product expectations
- developing and implementing brand, marketing and customer-centred strategies.
- Blockchain – provides assurance across the end to end supply chain
- Internet of Things (IoT) – provides a platform for businesses to monitor, analyse and respond faster and more efficiently.
For more information, read our Food Assurance brochure (PDF 1.1MB).