PJ's background as a senior solicitor and principal advisor in a Commonwealth agency, combined with more than 25 years of private sector business, legal and commercial experience, has allowed him to be successful in solving a wide variety of complex commercial, regulatory, policy, and legal issues for clients. His focus is to provide pragmatic advice to deliver sustainable benefits to clients that are consistent with the law and best practices.
PJ is a legislative and regulatory reform specialist with extensive experience in the provision of advice for the review and reform of existing complex, multi-jurisdictional legislation. This includes:
- the provision of high level advice on matters for the Commonwealth in relation to both operational matters
- best practice administrative decision making
- internal and external review protocol
- translating industry, and state/ territory jurisdictional feedback into extensive and detailed legislative drafting instructions for the Office of Parliamentary Council
- responding and drafting to Senate committees
- drafting and development of Regulatory Impact Statements that support regulatory reform.
PJ brings significant international regulatory credentials with his understanding and knowledge of the development, adoption, and compliance with international policies and practices. He has significant commercial/contract credentials in driving positive outcomes and building relationships in complex multi-million dollar commercial contracting environments within both the public and private sectors across broad contracting subject matter.
LPAB – Sydney University, 2011
Graduate Certificate Applied Law – In-house Practice College of Law, 2012
Unrestricted Practising Certificate – ACT
Admitted to the NSW Supreme Court
Admitted to the Federal and High Court of Australia
Member ACT Law Society
Member of the Law Institute of Victoria