KPMG Graduate Program offers permanent graduate roles for students in their final year of studies or recent graduates.
Our Vacation Program is a 4-8 week program offered to both undergraduates and postgraduates in the penultimate year of their degree. It’s an opportunity to experience day-to-day life at KPMG during university vacation periods.
At KPMG, we can help you to reach your full professional and personal potential in your chosen career path. You can expect to be recognised and rewarded through a range of career benefits that emphasise choice and flexibility
We'll offer you an attractive salary, career development, a friendly and supportive working environment and many other benefits. You'll be able to stretch yourself intellectually, furthering your professional education and personal development, and taking advantage of opportunities for overseas travel and work experience.
We'll help you to pursue appropriate postgraduate qualifications including financial assistance and study leave. You'll be able to advance your professional standing through a planned program of work experience and in-house learning and development opportunities.
We're interested in the person, not just an academic record or qualification. We're looking for well-rounded and diverse applicants – people who are resilient, team players, progressive thinkers and can communicate their ideas with passion. We want people who keep on learning, who want to be leaders in their profession and who want to make a difference. For more information, visit What we look for.
KPMG Australia accepts international student applications for those who have not yet obtained their Australian permanent residency for our Vacation and Graduate Program in all locations except Canberra due to client requirements.
For more information surrounding eligibility requirements, visit our International students page.
No, however, we would expect that you would highlight prior work experience on your CV, including casual or part-time positions held.
Yes, you are still eligible to apply for our Graduate Program. We recruit graduates with some work experience as well as people who are taking gap years or pursuing postgraduate courses. If you have substantial work experience, please visit the Experienced professionals section.
Round 1 program key dates 2022:
● Applications open: 20 December 2021
● Applications close: 28 January 2022
● Launchpad dates: 22/23 Feb, 1 March 2022
Round 2 program key dates 2022:
● Applications open: 21 March 2022
● Applications close: 14 April 2022
● Launchpad dates: 17/18/19 May 2022
Our selection process starts as soon as applications are submitted and will continue until the application closing date passes. We encourage you to apply as early as possible to ensure that we receive your completed application and you to have the best chance of success.
It is important to provide us with as much information about yourself as you can – be honest in your answers and don’t forget to proofread before submitting. You won’t need a cover letter, so focus that time on refining your CV, which should be no longer than 2 pages.
If you start an application, see it all the way through! And do so early on in our application window, so that we can receive your completed application in a timely manner.
The recruitment is taking place in the below locations:
New South Wales
● Gold Coast
Please only submit one application for our Graduate or Vacation program. Although you can only submit one application for each program, you will be able to submit multiple preferences for the state/location in which you would like to work.
KPMG Graduate Program offers seven different career pathways you can choose from:
- 1. Audit & Assurance graduate opportunity – great for those who are interested in what an organisation’s everyday decisions mean for their reputation, or find it easy to step back from situations to keep your objective view.
- 2. Engineering graduate opportunity – perfect for those who are interested in how major infrastructure projects can maximise returns for both the business and the community, or often find themselves imagining life in the cities of the future.
- 3. Finance graduate opportunity – would suit those who are keen to understand how money makes the world go round, and who are really good at both understanding the detail of the numbers and zooming out to see the bigger picture, like why green finance matters.
- 4. Risk graduate opportunity – a great choice if you are interested in exploring how our world weighs up risk vs. reward, or how companies can be both compliant and competitive.
- 5. Strategy & Operations graduate opportunity – will see you working on both the planning and the practical to make business goals a reality, such as how brands can walk the talk when it comes to demonstrating their commitment to the environment.
- 6. Tax & Legal graduate opportunity – would allow you to explore the real-world application of laws and new legislation and look at how companies expand into new markets and stay above board.
- 7. Technology & Digital graduate opportunity – would suit you if you're interested in understanding how our technology developments today will shape the world in 100 years, or passionate about keeping your data safe.
1. CFO Advisory find out more ❯
3. Debt Advisory Services find out more ❯
4. Mergers & Acquisitions find out more ❯
5. Commercial Advisory & Transactions – Real Estate find out more ❯
6. ThinkPay find out more ❯
7. Finance Strategy & Performance find out more ❯
8. Transaction Services find out more ❯
9. Valuations find out more ❯
10. Restructuring Services find out more ❯
11. Working Capital Advisory find out more ❯
1. Actuarial Services find out more ❯
2. Enterprise – Risk Consulting find out more ❯
3. Climate Change & Sustainability find out more ❯
4. Contract Assurance Performance find out more ❯
5. Financial Risk Management find out more ❯
6. Governance, Risk & Controls Advisory find out more ❯
7. Risk Strategy & Technology find out more ❯
8. Superannuation Advisory find out more ❯
9. Risk Management
10. Compliance & Conduct find out more ❯
11. Forensics find out more ❯
12. Behavioural Risk find out more ❯
13. Safeguarding find out more ❯
1. Client Experience & Brand
2. Corporate Affairs
3. Economics find out more ❯
4. Strategy Group find out more ❯
5. Customer Brand & Marketing Advisory find out more ❯
6. HR Advisory find out more ❯
7. Operations Advisory find out more ❯
8. People & Change find out more ❯
9. Policy, Programs & Evaluation find out more ❯
10. Planning & Infrastructure Economics find out more ❯
11. Sourcing and Procurement Advisory find out more ❯
12. Transformation Program Management find out more ❯
1. Commercial Law find out more ❯
2. Corporate Tax find out more ❯
3. Delivery & Data Excellence find out more ❯
4. Tax Governance find out more ❯
5. Global Transfer Pricing Advisory find out more ❯
6. International Tax find out more ❯
7. Indirect Tax find out more ❯
8. Tax, Dispute Resolution & Controversy find out more ❯
9. People Services (Global Mobility Services) find out more ❯
10. Tax Deals find out more ❯
11. Enterprise – Tax, Transactions & Accounting find out more ❯
1. Strategy, Growth & Digital find out more ❯
2. Corporate Services Group
3. IT Services
4. Cyber find out more ❯
5. Technology, Data & Innovation find out more ❯
6. Data & Cloud find out more ❯
7. Enterprise – Accelerating Business Growth find out more ❯
8. Digital Experience find out more ❯
9. Enterprise – Technology Solutions Integration find out more ❯
10. SAP find out more ❯
11. Oracle find out more ❯
12. Innovation, Solutions & Ventures find out more ❯
13. Audit Data Analytics find out more ❯
14. Technology Advisory find out more ❯
15. Contract Assurance Performance – Software Asset Management find out more ❯
16. Technology Implementation find out more ❯
17. Forensics Technology find out more ❯
18. Technology Implementation - Salesforce Advisory find out more ❯
19. Risk Assurance Data & Digital Deployment
20. Technology Risk find out more ❯
20. Enterprise – Technology Services find out more ❯
20. Client Growth and Markets
You can only submit one application for our Graduate or Vacation program, however, you will be able to submit multiple preferences for the service lines in which you would like to work.
You will receive communication from us immediately upon receipt of your application, and this will outline the next steps and timeframes as to when you can expect to hear from us regarding further stages of the process. January to May is our peak period, and during this time it may take us a little longer due to the volume of applications. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Our recruitment process is designed to promote two-way communication between you and KPMG. We want to be fully transparent about our timeframes and process so that you can understand where you are at and what the next steps are.
You find out about us: We realise that you're considering a variety of career options, so we give you several opportunities throughout our recruitment process to meet our people and discover the benefits of a career with us. We find out about you. We make a dedicated effort to get to know you as an individual and learn what you can offer our firm.
For further information, visit Our selection process
You will be asked about your career interests, your time at university, extra-curricular activities and any work experience. Our interview questions are motivational and behavioural-based and are related to the skills and behaviours we consider crucial for success at KPMG.
All successful applicants will commence work at KPMG in February/March 2023.
KPMG salaries are paid at competitive market rates. When you are offered a position, you'll receive full details of your remuneration package. It is important to think about not just your salary but the total rewards you will receive when joining such as salary plus benefits, incentives or bonuses, development and growth opportunities, long-term earning potential and career progression.
Life at KPMG
An organisation's culture can be difficult to define, however ask our people what makes KPMG different, and most will tell you the same thing: it's our open and friendly culture. Of course, it's also a performance-oriented culture. We recognise the hard work and achievements of our people in many different ways. We understand that talented individuals look to their careers for personal development and fulfilment, not just financial reward.
Full time KPMG employees work 7.5 hours per day, plus one hour for lunch. We embrace and encourage flexible working so you can make your own choices about where, when and how you work. We work from three hubs: the office, client site and home. Depending on the work, you can choose what works for you.
KPMG has a structured training program that all graduates, independent of their business unit, will participate in as well as business specific training. All graduates are encouraged to participate in further KPMG learning and development programs to develop their careers. For more information, visit Learning and development.
Yes. We strongly encourage our people to undertake relevant professional post-graduate study. We provide a range of support including study leave, exam leave, financial assistance and in-house training. For further information, visit Learning and development.