Value added tax (VAT) is creating increasing challenges to businesses in terms of its impact on cash and administrative burden.
Value added tax (VAT) is creating increasing challenges to businesses.
Global and domestic businesses are increasingly led to manage and mitigate the impact VAT can have in terms of cash availability and administrative burden. The KPMG network of VAT experts is not only devoted to provide you with progressive and “tailor-made” VAT approach but also to handle with the “day-to-day” implementation of those VAT approach through a close and strong relationship building, and as well as an accurate understanding of your
Indirect taxes - such as value added taxes, sales taxes, custom duties and excise - can represent up to a third of a company’s annual turnover. The magnitude of these tax collections is rarely highlighted in annual reports. Yet indirect tax raises significant risks for all businesses. Poor indirect tax management can squeeze cash flow, allow the over or underpayment of tax and attract penalties for non-compliance.
KPMG’s Indirect tax team provides advice and assistance at both local and international level. We structure our effort to dovetail with your business issues and strategy. Our focus is on supplying value adding, pragmatic advice rather than just a list of recommendations.
Our tax professionals are able to review your company's current tax position and provide relevant advice and planning on a range of indirect taxes including VAT, customs duties and excise taxes and help companies with their administrative obligations and contacts with administrative bodies.
Our Albanian practice works closely together with Indirect Tax professionals in other countries. Please visit our Global Indirect Tax Services site.
We offer a range of indirect tax services including:
- Reviewing the VAT and excise compliance status of companies
- Assisting businesses in the set-up of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and providing subsequent reviews
- Providing VAT, customs duties and excise planning, as well as strategic advice on cross border projects, chain supply transactions, contracting structures, optimization reviews, etc.
- Supporting business through VAT compliance services including but not limited to assistance with the VAT registration procedure, preparation and filing of VAT returns, management of the risk of non-compliance, etc.
- Providing comprehensive and tailored employees trainings on the development and implementation of effective indirect tax management strategies, including appropriate internal controls and cross-jurisdictional compliance
- Supporting businesses subject to tax audits or other investigations by tax or customs authorities