Tax News: Digitalization of several tax documents
The Albanian tax authorities have recently provided information that certain documents issued only in paper format until now will also be accessible in electronic format.
According to the notification, users will be able to request and download nine templates of documents prepared by the Albanian tax authorities via the governmental portal e-Albania (www.e-albania.al).
To access these services as well as others available on the portal, a company or an individual will need to register first and then they may request the documents available. Certain documents from the list published will be accessible in real time and the certification/statement may be downloaded or printed. The documents sourced from the e-Albania portal will bear a digital signature.
The documents expected to be accessible via the e-Albania portal include:
- Statement on payment of tax liabilities
- Statement on annual turnover for the last 3 years
- Certification on tax responsibilities of the registered taxpayer
- Statement on the tax status (active or passive) of the taxpayer marking also the date the change has occurred
- Certification on tax registration of the investors
- Certification on social security and health insurance contributions paid by the company or sole entrepreneurs
- Certification on social security and health insurance contributions paid by the individual
- Certification on the ownership of transport vehicles
- Certification for individuals not registered for tax purposes
Why this matters
This change is important as it eliminates the long lasting administrative procedures with the tax authorities to obtain these types of documents. Moreover, this service will minimize the risk of mistakes or errors in the preparation of the documents by tax officials.
For further news on the implementation of the new service, please visit the webpage of the Albanian tax authorities.
© 2021 KPMG Albania Shpk, an Albanian limited liability company and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.