KPMG's CCS professionals serve clients in a wide range of industries in areas such as royalties, licensing, distribution agreements, advertising and digital content. We understand the complexities and nuances of a range of business contracts, processes and procedures and have been able to help companies recover revenue misstated in self-reporting statements while maintaining and improving relationships with their business partners.
Our services include:
- Royalty compliance — to recover fees, help strengthen licensing relationships and identify opportunities for mitigating risk
- Software end-user license reviews — monitors license compliance for software vendors, leading to increased current and future licensing and maintenance revenue
- Vendor contracts — advises on management of vendor relationships
- Ad agency contract compliance — aims to identify significant cost recoveries or other improvement opportunities
- Reseller and distributor reviews — assists with the enforcement of contracts with channel partners
- Digital distribution — assists digital content owners in assessing the completeness and accuracy of self-reporting of content distribution
- Software asset management (SAM) — can include a review of people, process and technology areas against industry standards
- Intellectual property (IP) audits — assistance in assessing and optimizing processes of the IP governance processes throughout different stages of the IP lifecycle
Gaining the full value that is due from contracts is clearly a chief concern for many companies in terms of enhancing income, reducing costs and meeting compliance issues.
KPMG’s Contract Compliance Services team offers:
- Deep industry experience — improving revenue or reducing costs as well as resolving complex relationship and contracting issues.
- An understanding of partner relationships — we work in a non-adversarial way to help business partners understand the terms of their agreements.
- Objectivity and confidentiality — giving reassurance to the third party in a review.
- An established methodology and approach which enables us to focus on your specific environment.
- A global reach — through the network of KPMG member firms in 155 countries, we can provide contract compliance professionals worldwide.
KPMG’s Contract Compliance Services (CCS) professionals can advise on:
- Enhancing returns on investment (ROI)
- Recovering cash from overpricing and overpayments
- Better protection of intellectual property
- Mitigating and managing risks within the extended enterprise
- More effective financial reporting controls
- Improved relationships with key business partners
- Increased confidence in a vendor’s contract compliance process
- Opportunities to enhance contract language