The Growth Promise Indicators – 2019 report
Growth Promise Indicators 2019
How can countries fulfil their true potential? KPMG’s new Growth Promise Indicators (GPI) report helps governments and steers investors to the best long-term bets.
Which countries are best placed to prosper in the coming decades? The factors influencing a nation’s potential are many and varied. How strong are business rights? Are local businesses exposed to best practice from abroad? What is that country’s transport system or mobile coverage like?
KPMG’s Growth Promise Indicators report analyses data from a wide-range of sources to build a global picture.
- 180 countries
- More than 20 years of data
- Analysis of 15 categories – from levels of government debt and foreign direct investment (FDI) stock, to school enrolment and the strength of intellectual property rights.
For the investor, use KPMG's GPI report to evaluate and make more informed decisions about long-term location decisions.
For governments, it will shine a light on who is leading the pack and provide insight into how they are doing it.
- The UAE has moved three places up the rankings, largely thanks to advances in its infrastructure, particularly in transport.
- The UAE’s highest pillar ranking was with respect to macroeconomic stability, where the nation ranked 15th.
- This year’s ranking has also seen smaller nations coming up fast range from South Korea to the UAE while developing economies are often making progress more quickly than their developed counterparts.
Download our Growth Promise Indicators: 2019 report to find out more.
© 2021 KPMG LLP a UK limited liability partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organisation please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.