The Russia/CIS Desk of KPMG Lower Gulf supports the Middle East investors and Russian/CIS investors
The Russia/CIS Desk of KPMG Lower Gulf supports (i) the Middle East investors looking at o
Welcome to the page of Russia/CIS Desk of KPMG Lower Gulf!
In recent years, the cooperation between Russia and other CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) countries, on one side, and the Middle East countries, on other side, has been constantly expanding. Having recognised this upward trend, KPMG Lower Gulf has established the “Russia/CIS Desk” to provide tailored services to clients from both sides.
We provide services to clients from GCC (the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain) and the wider Middle East region in relation to their planned and existing investments and projects in Russia and the CIS region.
The CIS region includes most of the former USSR republics, which are now independent countries: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine.
Equally, we provide services to clients from the Russia/CIS region in relation to their planned and existing investments and projects in GCC countries and wider Middle East region.
Our UAE-based team includes more than 10 people across the various service lines, who worked in Russia and/or CIS countries, speak Russian and/or local CIS languages, and know and understand the local specifics of doing business. Our consolidated knowledge and experience with the Middle East and Russia/CIS markets and environment helps us to find the efficient solutions for our clients. In doing this, we are supported by KPMG Russia and CIS firm, which includes 24 offices across CIS and more than 4,500 staff.
There are constant changes and developments in the business, tax and regulatory environments in the Middle East and Russia/CIS regions. By applying the practical and up-to-date experience of our Desk’s team, combined with KPMG’s leading edge knowledge tools and technology, we help our clients navigate changes and achieve their investment goals.
Our service portfolio includes the full range of KPMG’s advisory, tax, and audit services. Based on our experience, the following services are commonly required for foreign investment projects:
• Feasibility study, including business environment, financial, tax, regulatory aspects
• Valuation, financial and tax modelling, supported by financial, tax, commercial due diligence
• Forensics services in relation to potential partners and counterparties, including background check and intelligence
• Investment structuring, including holding, financing, and operational aspects of entry, operation, and exit
• Investment implementation, including deal/investment documents review and negotiation assistance, company and process setup assistance
• Further ongoing assistance, including audit, tax compliance and dispute resolution, ad-hoc/special advisory and tax assistance to remain aligned with ever-changing business trends, local and global tax legislation
We look forward to working with you and supporting your growth in the Russia/CIS and the Middle East regions.
T: +971 4 356 9699
T: +971 4 249 6585
Associate Director, Advisory
T: +971 2 401 4848
T: +971 4 424 8994